[Simulavr-devel] [bug #39704] _pysimulavr.so doesn't exist

From: Thomas K.
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] [bug #39704] _pysimulavr.so doesn't exist
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:24:26 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #39704 (project simulavr):

Hi Stefan,

I have now, after some tries, decided to build the python module completely
with the pythons built in mechanisms, e.g. completely controlled by setup.py
(run swig, compile pysimulavr_wrap.cpp, link with simulavr object to a shared
lib) Works with linux and windows (mingw32). One benefit more is to move all
statements for this from src/Makefile.am to src/python/Makefile.am. Makes it
more easy to understand. I'm not able to check it on Mac, but I assume, that
this should also work. Build installable python packages is so also possible.
(for example to upload it to PyPi)

The python module is now complete self-contained (just the pysimulavr.py and
pysimulavr.so) and doesn't need and extra shared lib object (like libsim.so...
or such) And the code parts under src/cmd are also included. So it would be
possible to create a python script, which works similar like the simulavr
binary. (use as gdb target, but be able by modifying the script to make some
adaptions, for example connect pins together)

cu, Thomas

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?39704>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/