[Simulavr-devel] Set up a travis-ci build

From: Christian Taedcke
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Set up a travis-ci build
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 14:05:09 +0100

Hello list,

i set up a travic-ci build, see https://travis-ci.org/chrta/simulavr/bu
ilds/107430533 for the build report and https://github.com/chrta/simula
vr/blob/add_travis_ci/.travis.yml for the necessary file.

travis-ci is a build server which only works for github.com
repositories, but i think we/i could set up a mirror repository that is
synced every 30 minutes.

As you see, some stuff is broken in the regression folder. The build
runs on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and their default package versions (which
are pretty old).
Some examples are broken, too... These should be checked by travis,
too.

I had to commit two things to simulavr (currently only available on my
fork):
1. Add the .travis.yml file
2. Add -fPIC, otherwise when building with ./configure --enable-python
i get a compilation error on travis and on my fedora 23 notebook, see h
ttps://github.com/chrta/simulavr/commit/90f20c5348d41e210c49fefcd0cce79
693654977

Should i commit these to savannah master branch? Any objections?

Regards,
Christian