site-engine-dev

[site-engine-dev] And etc. (was: Re: I hear you)

From: M . Boeh
Subject: [site-engine-dev] And etc. (was: Re: I hear you)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 07:12:38 -0800

> I'm toying with the idea of another split, between actions (pages which
> change things) and views (pages which just display things), but I'm not
> sure how well that development will work in practice.  I'll probably test
> it out on the same project that I'm using to refine the simple db api and
> the xexprxml methods and report back here.
OK. This would be an interactive/noninteractive split, if I see correctly.

> I'm currently holding off of adding developers until the basic definitions
> are in place, which they aren't yet.  I'll accept patches before adding
> people to CVS.  I think I may add a site-engine-2 module for this rewrite,
> rather than break the code that tsw is running from.
All right.

I was a bit worried when I found 'Post-Nuke', thinking that it might make my
work useless. But I see that they're still using the horribly kludgy PHP
language and still requiring programming to make themes. Pity that such a
nice project has to ignore the vast user market.
Anyway, I'm reading up on Scheme. I've had a little past experience with Lisp
and have been intrigued with the concepts.

--
| Matt Boeh                     % address@hidden
| Desperance Administrator      % http://desperance.net
+ GnuPG Fingerprint: 471E 72FB 0FCB 6937 730F  8B4C 6C22 96EA 7C60 2708
sub  1024g/A88D8A72 2001-11-12