sketch-devel

Re: Patch for menu stock items

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: Re: Patch for menu stock items
Date: 01 Mar 2003 20:44:00 +0100

Ralf Engels <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> made a new patch, patch ID 1078 on savannah
>
> Menu items use the gtk2 stock item mechanism, so the menu items are
> translated and have icons.

I've checked in something based on this patch but almost completely
different :) I started with the code in the Patch but didn't like that
it put GTK-specific things into the Editor subpackage. Reusing the title
for the stock id is also a bit of a kludge :)

What I actually checked in only modifies Sketch/UI/menu.py. The command
menu items are now derived from gtk.ImageMenuItem. There's a mapping
from Sketch command names to stock_ids in menu.py and if a command name
is in that dictionary the corresponding stock item is used. Otherwise a
normal label will be used.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/