sketch-devel

Re: patterns: Members and methods?

From: Antoon Pardon
Subject: Re: patterns: Members and methods?
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:20:41 +0100

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 07:44:52PM +0100, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
> Antoon Pardon <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I just browsed though the documentation to find which
> > members and methods a pattern can have. However there
> > doesn't seemed to be a page that describes these.
> >
> > Could you summarize them please?
>
> How urgently do you need this? This is a good opportunity for me to do
> it right and doc-strings to the Sketch/Graphics/pattern.py module in
> CVS. Before I change anything in there I'm going to write some test
> cases for it. I've already started but it may take a few days before
> it's finished.
>
> The interface of the pattern objects has changed a bit in 0.7. Patterns
> are now immutable so all the Set* methods are gone. The getter methods
> are still in place, however, and the actual representation of the
> patterns is also still the same.

Well I can wait a bit. I wanted to complete the CGM export filter
to such a degree that it wouldn't have any more loose ends. It
would either handle somthing as it should or it would warn the
user about it. As it is I don't think throwing an exception is
likely, however there are still cases where information is lost
but the user is not warned about it.

So waiting a few days is not a problem as I see it.

--
Antoon Pardon