sketch-devel

Win32 and the GTK bitmap_create_from_data problem

From: Bill Baxter
Subject: Win32 and the GTK bitmap_create_from_data problem
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:12:23 +0900

I just downloaded the win32 package and all the relavent support libraries (from here: http://www.nongnu.org/skencil/devel.html) , and I'm getting the following error:

     bitmap = gtk.gdk.bitmap_create_from_data(window, data, width, height)
TypeError: bitmap_create_from_data() argument 2 must be string without null bytes, not str

I found this message from 2003 saying this was a bug in GTK that should "soon be fixed":
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sketch-devel/2003-01/msg00023.html

However I just now downloaded the latest versions of pyGTK, GTK+ ( 2.8), and such and it doesn't seem that it has been fixed.  The above message says I should apply a 1-line patch to gtk.defs, but I can't find such a file anywhere on my system.

Any suggestions for how to get Skencil to work under win32?

Thanks,
--Bill Baxter