sks-devel

[Sks-devel] SKS and Basedir Option

From: Olaf Gellert
Subject: [Sks-devel] SKS and Basedir Option
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:48:00 +0100

Hi all,

I am running a chrooted SKS (and the chroot should
not be the problem in this case). If I start the
keyserver (from inside the chroot) like this:

cd /usr/local/sks
./bin/sks db -hkp_address 193.174.13.74 -hostname pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de &

everything works fine. The database is in /usr/local/sks/KDB.

Now I want the keyserver to use the sksconf file for the

cd /
/usr/local/sks/bin/sks db -basedir /usr/local/sks

The keyserver finds the file /usr/local/sks/sksconf and
reads it. It finds the socket of the database
(/usr/local/sks/db_com_sock) which is ok, too.
But then it tries to open "/usr/local/sks//usr/local/sks/membership"
(which does not work), "/usr/local/sks//usr/local/sks/KDB/DB_CONFIG"
and so on. It ends up that the keyserver does not find its
database and quits with:

Fatal error: exception Keydb.Unsafe.No_db

I used strace to check what the keyserver is doing.

Hmmm... Am I doing something wrong with the -basedir
option? Do I have to cd to the sks directory to start
sks? Or could this be a strange side effekt of the
chroot?

Cheers, Olaf

--
Olaf Gellert                           mailto:address@hidden
DFN-PCA                                   DFN-CERT Services GmbH