sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Too many open files ??

From: Dinko Korunic
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Too many open files ??
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:16:12 +0200

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 12:32:13PM -0600, Dan Egli wrote:
> So, my max open files are 24554, and I've currently got 2490 open.
> That's FAR from too many open files. What's up with that? Any ideas?

Actually, you're looking at global, not local limits. Your SKS process
has [probably] inherited imposed shell fd limit. You can always check it
with:

# limits

And you'll get output similar to following:

cputime         unlimited
filesize        unlimited
datasize        unlimited
stacksize       unlimited
coredumpsize    0kB
memoryuse       unlimited
maxproc         unlimited
descriptors     1024
memorylocked    unlimited
addressspace    unlimited
maxfilelocks    unlimited

How to increase fd-s [that means file descriptors or open files count]
depends on your shell.

--
|__|__|__| |_____| PGP:0xEA160D0B | IRC:kre | ICQ:16965294 | AIM:kreatorMoo