sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Too many open files ??

From: Dan Egli
Subject: [Sks-devel] Too many open files ??
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:32:13 -0600

I was browsing my server stats and noticed that no gossip peers are listed. This seemed VERY strange, so I logged in to the shell and cat'ed my membership file. No prob. Log.recon tails show keys being exchanged. But when I went to log.db, I see this message repeated FREQUENTLY:

<mail transmit keys> error in callback.: Unix error: Too many open files - pipe()

What? Too many open files? I don't think so. I looked in /proc/sys/fs:

address@hidden fs]# cat file-max file-nr
24554
2490    0       24554

So, my max open files are 24554, and I've currently got 2490 open. That's FAR from too many open files. What's up with that? Any ideas?

--
-- Dan