sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Failure while binding socket

From: Joseph Oreste Bruni
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Failure while binding socket
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:43:35 -0700

On Jan 27, 2009, at 2:49 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Do you have another instance of SKS running perhaps? The "lsof" tool
might be useful here.

I already checked this but nothing except the "grep sks" seemsdo be running. Here's the console log:
address@hidden:~# lsof | grep sks
address@hidden:~# ps aux | grep sks
root 6843 0.0 0.0 3244 804 pts/0 R+ 22:48 0:00 grep sks
address@hidden:~#

Any ideas?
I have already set up Ubuntu for the third time. Everytime I fail with the socket already bound error message....

Whatever port sks is trying to use is already in use by something. I can think of no other explanation.

First of all, is sks trying to bind to 11371? Or is it trying to bind to something else? Can you run "netstat -an" and see anything LISTEN- ing on 11371 (assuming sks is configured to use that port)?