sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Setting up an Ubuntu repo install of SKS

From: Michael Holley
Subject: [Sks-devel] Setting up an Ubuntu repo install of SKS
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:55:53 -0700

Hi all,

I recently got involved in all things encryption. I created a GPG key and love all that I can do with it. I'm doing a presentation at my local Linux User Group on how to use GPG to encrypt communications. I thought it would be cool to have a Keyserver for my Linux User Group, and that is why I'm here.

The reason I'm emailing this list, I can't get the keyserver working, or more accurately, it is running but I have no idea what to do now.

I have an old P4 2.5 GHz running Ubuntu Server 8.10. I installed the keyserver from the Ubuntu repository. Now what? When I boot up the server it says it is starting the sks daemons. But when I try to upload my key to it, I get an error saying it was rejected.

I have the domain, keyserver.innerthought.us, pointing to my router, which is then forwarding port 80 and 11370 to my server.
I have read the README file, I didn't really understand it, and I read a post where someone talks about how to get SKS working from an Ubuntu repo install, but doesn't talk about configuring it.

I'd appreciate any help that can be given on this. Has anyone else installed from Ubuntu repository and could give some instructions on how to get this up and working? Thanks.

Michael W. Holley

Phone: 801-319-2008
AIM: michaelwholley