sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Kristian is alvie :-)

From: Jonathan Wiltshire
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Kristian is alvie :-)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 18:38:27 +0000

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 01:45:52PM -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> perhaps this concept of the pool needs some or all of the following to
> avoid future SPOFs:

Absolutely, although I think we should postpone discussion until Kristian
can take part in it.

>  0) hardware redundancy for the authoritative nameservers for
> sks-keyservers.net
<snip>
> Kristian, i would happily offer zimmermann.mayfirst.org as a redundant
> authoritative DNS server -- we'd just need to coordinate how the pool
> gets published.

I suggest DNS slaves would be the simplest way to achieve this. I'm happy
to offer a London slave. If the master server sends notifies and the slaves
do a XFER, pool updates can be run with almost no delay for clients.

> Thanks for all your work keeping this service going!  hopefully we can
> spread some of the responsibility around :)

Absolutely; thanks for all your work, and sorry to hear about the hardware
trouble.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      address@hidden
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51