sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Seeking peers for keyserver.opensuse.org

From: Lars Vogdt
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Seeking peers for keyserver.opensuse.org
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 09:06:19 +0200

Am Wed, 6 Apr 2016 07:46:35 +0100
schrieb Chris Boot <address@hidden>:
> I'd be happy to peer with you, but there doesn't appear to be a home
> page (e.g. with a search box) on your sks installation:
> http://keyserver.opensuse.org:11371/ gives me a 404 error.

I'm sorry, I just followed
 https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/wiki/Peering
which tells me that the root of the nginx proxy should point to the sks
server behind 11371 and not providing any webside (as I do on port 80).

So what is the best practice here? I found some sks servers running the
same web-pages on 11371 and some which do not provide any webpage.

> I also have it on good authority that the operators of the
> the.earth.li keyserver (http://the.earth.li/pgp_lookup.html) *really*
> appreciate it if SKS users configure outgoing mailsync to
> address@hidden To the extent that one of the operators
> gave me a real telling off about disabling it on my server. So please
> consider enabling this too.

So I will follow:
https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/overview
=> Outgoing PKS synchronization: mailsync file - correct?

I will contact Jonathan McDowell and ask him if I can add his server to
the mailsync file.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Lars

--