slib-discuss

[Slib-discuss] Re: Writing *.init-File

From: Aubrey Jaffer
Subject: [Slib-discuss] Re: Writing *.init-File
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:22:22 -0400 (EDT)

 | Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:31:40 +0200
 | From: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
 |
 | I got it working.
 |
 | My last problem (hopefully) is that my scheme implementation
 | already has a "require" which is used instead of the slib once not
 | working properly with slib.  How can this be overwritten?  I am not
 | sure about the slib require definition but I think is is
 | slib:require in require.scm?  Where is slib:require made to be
 | require?

"slib/require.scm" has the line: (define require slib:require)

In your .init file save your value of `require' before loading
"require.scm".  After that load, restore `require' from its saved
value.  Better than simply restoring the value of `require' would be
to define `require' so that it calls `slib:require' when it is called
with a single quoted symbol, and otherwise calls your implementation's
`require'.  This, of course, depends on the particulars of your
implementation's `require'.