Re: [Social-discuss] Would a 'DynHttpd' service be useful?

From: Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Would a 'DynHttpd' service be useful?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 20:56:39 +0200

2010/5/26 Hellekin O. Wolf <address@hidden>
> Unless I misunderstand, I am trying to go the other direction - serve stuff
> to everyone else, not open content from another network in my local browser.

*** If you take the case you're running your own (PSYC) server, then you can
serve contents to everyone else, over different protocols, including
HTTP or HTTPS.

Not without a routable, unblocked IP, can I?  Most users do not have one, and that isn't changing any time soon.

For many, a DynHttpd would be just the missing link so they make their local PSYC server (or whatever else) visible to the world.

But I'm not sure I understand your point entirely.

--
Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson
address@hidden

Use http://bre.klaki.net/bre/contact.shtml to bypass my spam filters.
.oOo.oOo.   PGP: 02764305, B7A3AB89   .oOo.oOo.