[Social-discuss] Blockchain

From: Kenneth Fields
Subject: [Social-discuss] Blockchain
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 11:50:00 +0800

hello gnuS,
I’m wondering if there is any work on a gnusocial blockchain plugin?
I know about gnu projects like taler and hyperledger, but
I was thinking about gnuSocial specifically.

I don’t use the private message plugin much in our instance (artsmesh.io),
so that function could be replaced with send/receive ethereum based tokens.

Other todo’s for blockchain plugin:
1. Replace the private messaging function with blockchain wallet: send/receive.
2. Extend user/group profiles with token info: ethereum address,
3. Other Personal tokens to watch in your wallet: contract address, name of token, token symbol, decimals).
- including your own personal token (for example jondoe.eth).
- so you can exchange tokens with people
4. So in your side bar, your avatar becomes your eth address colored icon
5. when you subscribe to users/groups, you have their eth address right there in their profile.

other ideas?

Ken
http://artsmesh.io