Re: Stop Scanning Outbound Email

From: shay mayo
Subject: Re: Stop Scanning Outbound Email
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:20:10 -0500

Allright, let me see what happens. You guys rule, thanks for the quick responses.

Shay

On 7/12/05, Dan Nelson <address@hidden> wrote:
In the last episode (Jul 12), smayo01 said:
> We are running Sendmail and Spamassassin on a perimeter email server.
> How do I configure Spamassasin to not scan outbound email?

Easiest way is to add your local networks to spamass-milter's ignore
list with the -i flag.  Then spamassassin won't get called at all when
the connection is from a local PC.

Alternatively, if you configure spamassassin's "trusted_networks" to
contain your local network and also set "whitelist_from_rcvd
mydomain.com", that /should/ cause spamassassin not to mark outgoing
mail.  Incoming mail with forged received headers should be caught
because the delivery chain would be trusted->untrusted->trusted and
that's a red flag to spamassassin.  I haven't tried this method so I
won't guarantee that it works.  Regardless, it's always a good idea to
set "trusted_networks" in your config file to help spamassassin decide
which hosts to do DNS-blacklist checks on.

--
       Dan Nelson
       address@hidden