Re: Rewriting header incorrectly?

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: Rewriting header incorrectly?
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:15:28 -0800

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009, Daniel Norton wrote:
> What I'm seeing is that in a spam report, the attached copy of the
> spam has a "Received" header line rewritten incorrectly, as shown
> below. The rewritten line removes the "for" clause and the
> semi-colon that followed it. The semi-colon is mandatory, per
> RFC2821 (Sec. 4.4).

You've not included the entire header (missing a trailing ')'), and
it's not rewritten, actually.

spamass-milter cooks up a Received: header for sending to SA so that
SA rules can trigger on the contents of it, but it's not complete,
because at the time spamass-milter processses the mail, nothing has
yet been accepted by the MTA.

It probably could include the time and the semi-colon by modifying how
the header is cooked up, but right now it doesn't.

Don Armstrong

--
"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in
a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die from