Milter no longer rejects spam (postfix

From: J4K
Subject: Milter no longer rejects spam (postfix
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:07:50 +0200

Hi there everyone,

    I noticed that my spamass-milter was not rejecting spam over the
threshold and I wonder if someone might help me with some debug options
on the spamass-milter.

****  My  question ****
What debug options should I use to enable logging to try and find out
why it did not either be called by postfix or reject the email?
    -d debugflags
             Enables logging.  debugflags is a comma-separated list of
tokens:
             func    Entry and exit of internal functions.
             misc    Other non-verbose logging.
             net     Lookups of the ignored netblocks list.
             poll    Low-level I/O to the child spamc process.
             rcpt    Recipient processing.
             spamc  High-level I/O to the child spamc process.
             str     Calls to field lookup and string comparison functions.
             uori    Calls to the update_or_insert function.
             1       (historical) Same as func,misc.
             2       (historical) Same as func,misc,poll.
             3       (historical) Same as func,misc,poll,str,uori.

**** Some backup info in case someone thinks that I am barking up the
wrong tree ****

Spamass-milter is called as a before milter in Postfix:-
    # postconf -n  | grep milter
    milter_default_action = tempfail
    non_smtpd_milters = unix:/dkim-filter/dkim-filter.sock
    smtpd_milters = unix:/clamav/clamav-milter.ctl,
unix:/spamass/spamass.sock, unix:/dkim-filter/dkim-filter.sock

The spamass trigger threshold is 11 and the emails getting through often
have sigh scores like 15, and I would like to check that spamass-milter
is even receiving any email to check.  I did not see anything being
rejected.

The process runs as :
/usr/sbin/spamass-milter -P /var/run/spamass/spamass.pid -f -p
/var/spool/postfix/spamass/spamass.sock -u nobody -M -r 11 -i 127.0.0.1

And the socket is there:-
srw-rw---- 1 postfix postfix 0 Jun 14 13:48
/var/spool/postfix/spamass/spamass.sock

I did not read any errors about milters in the postfix logs
(/var/log/mail.*),  other than the usual macro complaint which I think
can be ignored.
mail.log:Jun 14 13:50:05 logout spamass-milter[21468]: Could not
retrieve sendmail macro "i"!.  Please add it to
confMILTER_MACROS_ENVFROM for better spamassassin results

Best regards, Simon.