Re: Milter no longer rejects spam (postfix

From: J4K
Subject: Re: Milter no longer rejects spam (postfix
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:33:56 +0200

Hi Damian,

Thank-you for the perl script. The milter does reject when hit on the
socket. Ugly output below.

When I tried to send this email with the full debug o/p my mail server
did reject it:
"5.7.1 Detected virus detected in your email : Eicar-Test-Signature..
Please check the message and try again."
But this is a red herring because it was caused from ClamAV milter with
SaneSecurity. However it shows that a milter was called.
I wonder if postfix ignores the other milters when the first one is
passed? Unsure.

# milter_watch -d local:/var/spool/postfix/spamass/spamass.sock
D milter_watch-0.6 by Damian Menscher <address@hidden>
D Submit_message called with """
SNIP- REMOVED
SNIP- REMOVED
"""
D Sending: O?
D Milter returned 0xd bytes: O
D Requested actions: 0x1; Undesired content 0x0
D Sending: DCjlocalhost.localdomain_localhost.localdomain
[127.0.0.1]{daemon_name}MTA{if_name}localhost.localdomain{if_addr}127.0.0.1
D Sending: Clocalhost.localdomain4'127.0.0.1
D Milter returned 0x1 bytes: a
D Sending: DH
D Sending:
address@hidden
D Sending: address@hidden
D Milter returned 0x1 bytes: c
D Sending: DR{rcpt_mailer}local{rcpt_host}{rcpt_addr}victim
D Sending: Rvictim
D Milter returned 0x1 bytes: c
D Sending: N
D Milter returned 0x1 bytes: c
D Sending: BTo: victim
Subject: milter test message

SNIP- REMOVED

SNIP- REMOVED

D Milter returned 0x1 bytes: c
D Sending: E
D Milter returned 0x1 bytes: c
D Sending: Q
I Milter properly allowed clean mail through
[...]

D Milter returned 0x23 bytes: y550 5.7.1 Blocked by SpamAssassin
D Sending: Q
I Milter blocked a spam/virus