straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] Timeouts

From: Ryan P Skadberg
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] Timeouts
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:16:35 -0400

OK, went back to the 0.19.2 code and had problems with only 2 feeds now,
one being Slashdot (still getting Internal Server Error) and one hitting
the max timeout, but I have been seeing that time out on this one for a
while, so I expected it.  So, there definitely was a change from 0.19.2
to the current CVS that has totally done bad things to downloading data.

Skadz

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 21:26, Ryan P Skadberg wrote:
> Another fun little side effect of pushing the timeout from 300 to 600?
> Some feeds just plain never return.  Just sit with the "working gear"
> next to them forever.  Also seems to be happening with some of the feeds
> I bugged a bit ago.  Something seems to be SERIOUSLY wrong with the
> downloading piece of Straw at the moment.
>
> Skadz
>
> On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 19:10, Ryan P Skadberg wrote:
> > Something is fscked in the Poller.  Either the program is downloading in
> > a very strange and VERY slow way or else something is even more messed
> > up.
> >
> > I upped the timeout to 600 seconds (over the default 300) and was able
> > to grab one of the larger feeds.  How does something that takes approx
> > 10-20 seconds to download with a browser (or equivalent like wget) take
> > 10 MINUTES to download with straw.  It makes no sense whatsoever.  Can
> > someone explain?
> >
> > Skadz
 Ryan P Skadberg                          E: address@hidden
 The Stigmata Organization                U: http://www.stigmata.org/
  GPG fingerprint = 0B97 F771 E7D2 69B2 FF5C  5693 4E25 7E77 DEF0 CA4B