straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] Lookups Bug

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] Lookups Bug
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:09:10 +0300

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 20:14, Ryan P Skadberg wrote:
> I think I just found a nasty buy in hostname lookups, though I will
> never be able to find it in the code.  I was screwing with Network
> Constraints and then watched my TCP/IP traffic.  Here's what I saw:

OK, as I said on IRC, this has now been fixed. There was one bug in
LookupManager (it called the callback function even if it retried the
lookup), another in ConnectionManager (the check for unsuccessful name
lookup was wrong), I think they both contributed to this.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]