straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] CategorySelector.set_selected change?

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] CategorySelector.set_selected change?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:03:40 +0200

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 10:56, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 18:19, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 20:19, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> > > Hey, why the change (last line was commented out) in
> > > CategorySelector.set_selected? Was it just an oversight after debugging
> > > or something, or was it breaking in some case? It seems to work ok for
> > > me, but without it, category navigation with keyboard doesn't work.
> >
> > Fixing it now.
>
> set_history in set_selected is causing troubles if it's your first time
> to use straw (e.g no .straw). Apparently the pseudos have the same
> index(?) so set_history(index) will only select 'Uncategorized' and
> won't select 'All'. Seems to work fine here with that line commented out
> though..
>
> Hope you can enlighten me here :)

I said this on IRC too, but you have almost five hours of idle so it
might be you didn't see this, so:

I meant ctrl-pgup/ctrl-pgdown, they activate the menu choices
previous/next category. I'll have to look at that problem.

About activating the menu with space bar: it used to work at me at some
point, but now it seems to be pretty broken again. It always goes to the
upper left corner of the screen (which is how I thought it would behave
all along, the previous non-broken behaviour was a surprise.)
Additionally, it pops up with empty space visible and an up scroller,
you have to scroll it up to see the choices.

I think we should forget about that keyboard popup kludge once we get
next/previous category working properly, I think they are a good enough
substitute for now.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]