straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] category and feed selections

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] category and feed selections
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:54:31 +0200

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 09:22, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> On startup, straw should select:
>
> a) first feed
> b) first feed with unread items

I have no strong opinion on this one. I think first feed is ok.

> On feed deletion, straw should select:
>
> a) first feed in the category
> b) previous feed (path-1)

Previous feed would be logical, wouldn't it? :-) Basically selecting the
first feed was a cop-out, it was easy to do and fixed the problem.

Selecting the previous feed is more difficult. Deleting is done in
MainWindow, to which FeedList responds by saving and emitting
FeedDeletedSignal. That is catched by FeedCategoryList so it can remove
the feed from the categories and by Main which tells MainWindow what to
do.[1] Like which feed to show. By the time Main knows about the feed
deletion, it has no way of figuring out what was the feed's position in
the category. I'm not really sure how this should be done.

[1] Have I ever mentioned I think the resposibility split between Main
and MainWindow is really confusing and needs a serious refactoring?

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]