straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] dialogs, fonts, etc

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] dialogs, fonts, etc
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:19:52 +1100

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 03:59, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> 1) Do you feel it's really necessary to have some of the labels in
> dialogs use small text? I personally don't like the look, find the
> smaller text hard to read, and I can't remember seeing this in use in
> any other part of the desktop.
>
> 2) I saw the point for the Edit username etc checkbox in the former feed
> properties design, but now that it's in its own tab, does it make any
> sense? I don't think it does.

I put a checkbox there to make sure that 'hey, i know what i'm doing,
let me put my username and password' rather than leaving it 'open' for
editing eventhough it won't get used. Yeah, it doesn't make any sense,
so I guess yours is alright.

> 3) Feed properties undo: the current placement makes little sense, as it
> applies to username and password too. Shouldn't it be moved to the
> button box at the bottom of the window?

Yep, ok.

> 4) We don't need the "Any changes to fields below will be saved
> automatically" label, all the dialogs in Straw and mostly on the desktop
> in general are instant-apply.

ok.

> 5) Label-textfield pairs should probably be in tables so we get straight
> columns.

Those labels are already in a SizeGroup so they're straight enough.
unless of course you want it in the glade file then table would make
sense.

> I've done the modifications to reflect the opinions expressed above, but
> I don't want to make a branch out of it and thought I should probably
> ask if anyone wants to protest before I commit this stuff to the
> mainline. See shots at http://www.iki.fi/juri/shots/ .

Yeah commit it. :)

Cheers,

--