straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] Pre-fill subscription form?

From: Juri Pakaste
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:24:28 +0200

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 11:23 -0500, Steve Laniel wrote:
> NetNewsWire under OS X has a nice feature, which may or may
> not be common to other OS X apps: if you have a URL in the
> clipboard, and you try to subscribe to a new feed in
> NetNewsWire, it will pre-fill the subscription field with
> the URL from the clipboard. It's a little time-saver, but
> it's just an example of a nice bit of polish. I wish one
> could do the same thing in straw.
>
> Possible?

Shouldn't be too hard and sounds like a good idea. Jan is at the moment
still working on the subscription dialog - correct? So I won't hack on
it now. But we could try adding that before the next release, or at
least to the one after that.

> I'd also like to see the inclusion of an embedded browser
> control, like NetNewsWire or Sharpreader have. NetNewsWire's
> is the best I've seen, at least because it provides tabbed
> browsing.

I haven't been too keen on that, although I suppose we might consider
adding that at some point. It would first pretty much require a
migration to Gecko for rendering, though - I'd rather not try and see
how well gtkhtml2 copes with real-life HTML.

--
[ Juri Pakaste | address@hidden | http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]