straw-devel

[Straw-devel] Weird formatting across paragraphs

From: Steve Laniel
Subject: [Straw-devel] Weird formatting across paragraphs
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:27:49 -0500

I just bothered to examine one UI oddity in a feed I load
all the time. See
http://bookslut.com/blog/index.rdf

In particular, look at the feeds containing multiparagraph
quotes in italics. E.g.,

<description><![CDATA[<p>The San Antonio Express-News looks at the <a
href="http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA020105.01A.quixote.634bf851.html";>merchandising</a>
 of Don Quixote in Mexico. (Go to <a
href="http://bugmenot.com/";>BugMeNot.com</a> for a username and password.)</p>

comic idol Cantinflas and the masked rebel leader Subcomandante Marcos.</p>

Quixote. "I would imagine it is because of what they read; his teaching is a
bit crazy, but he achieves his objective."</i></p>]]></description>

When I view this feed in Straw, the italics end at the end
of the first paragraph. The XML looks perfectly fine; it
should display the italics properly. The corresponding web
page displays them just fine:

http://bookslut.com/blog/archives/2005_02.php#004270

Does anyone else see this behavior?

--