Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm freezes with xscreensaver

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm freezes with xscreensaver
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 18:27:49 -0800

On Jan 23, 2008 3:37 AM, Dmitri Minaev <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

For a couple of months I used Stumpwm under Ubuntu. Sometimes it
crashed (especially when I launched 'djview') and froze (especially
after unlocking the xscreensaver). It was built using standard Ubuntu
SBCL, version 1.0.6 with sb-threads. So, I decided to recompile SBCL
without threads and to rebuild Stumpwm. So I did. Now, SBCL is 1.0.13,
but, to my disappointment, Stumpwm still locks up after I enter the
password in xscreensaver. I still can switch to another virtual
terminal, so I am not sure if this is a 'real' freeze.

If I launch Stumpwm from sbcl, I don't see any especially terrifying
messages and sbcl doesn't start the debugger when I switch to the sbcl
terminal. What do you think I should upgrade next time? :) Thank you.

The last lines of the Stumpwm output and the backtrace is below:

Have you tried it with clisp? The backtrace suggests a problem deep within the guts of sbcl. Granted it could be because stumpwm is doing something wrong but it might be worth trying a different lisp to see whether this is somehow related to X or purely sbcl.

-Shawn