[STUMP] Better way to share the screen among apps

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: [STUMP] Better way to share the screen among apps
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:30:19 -0600

I'm just barely getting started with stumpwm.  So may have overlooked
some obvious way to do this but looking thru some of the docs it
appears to be quite complicated to share the X screen among several
applications.

I see splitting the screen will give some basic sharing.. and looking
at the screenshot of stumpwm desktop... It appears that is about it
for sizing applications.

I mostly just use xterm, emacs and a browser.  But so far I've only
managed to have each on a full screen or to split and two on the same
screen ... still xterms and emacs are not really that comfortable to
use spread across a 17 in screen. .. too much neck movement taking in
the far side ditto for firefox.