Re: [STUMP] Xmodmap keys

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Xmodmap keys
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 02:27:28 -0700

> Though, I would like to be in the best conditions for such a test. What are
> you advising me for the Common Lisp:
>
>    o   SBCL or
>    o   CLisp?
>
> For the above chosen CL implementation, which version?
>
> I am always a bit lost when it comes to installing these pre-requisites, and
> when I have to find the correct version of these base tools (old or new CLX,
> mono or multithread version, etc.).

Yes this is definitely a point of confusion compounded by stale wiki
entries, outdated readmes, and old messages on the mailing list. My
hope is that stumpwm runs on the latest releases of clisp and SBCL. If
you find this not to be the case let me know.

I'm run ubuntu 8 and the clisp and sbcl versions packaged with them
both work. I've also briefly tested sbcl 1.0.28 which appears to work
fine. I think the threading issues with sbcl have been resolved. At
least I don't hear about them any more and I'm running stock sbcl
which has threading enabled afaik. Though I'm running sbcl on a
machine with a lot more memory and speed than when I encountered
problems.

clisp 2.44.1 and sbcl 1.0.18 are what I'm usually using, however I'd
recommend sbcl 1.0.24 or later because anything earlier has
semi-broken shell command tab completion.

-Shawn