Re: [STUMP] Xmodmap keys

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Xmodmap keys
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:41:24 +0200

Hi Shawn,

Shawn Betts wrote:
>> ***** Build CLisp from CVS
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something but why are you building clisp from CVS?

For different reasons. Because...

1. You said:

>>> My hope is that stumpwm runs on the latest releases of clisp and SBCL. If
>>> you find this not to be the case let me know.

2. I read messages such as "You're using clisp with an old, buggy version of
   new-clx. BUILD CLisp FROM CVS with --with-module=clx/new-clx and it will
   work.", answered by John Moore Liles to Xavier Maillard (some time ago, I
   have to admit).

3. The latest release of CLisp seems quite "old" (October 2008).

4. On the Wiki, I read "You should link CLISP with the module new-clx" and
   "This [description] is [...] with the CVS version of stumpwm and a CLISP
   from CVS".

So, several hints that made me think taking the very latest version of CLisp,
that is its CVS version, is a good choice, moreover if we want to use new-clx
-- which is advised on the Wiki
(http://stumpwm.antidesktop.net/cgi-bin/wiki/Compiling_CLISP). Isn't it so?

> Does this same error occur in the latest release of clisp?

I don't know. I did not try that (yet).

Best regards,
  Seb

--