Re: [STUMP] xinerama as two separate screens

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] xinerama as two separate screens
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 08:47:01 +0300

Tadahiko Uehara wrote:
> I'd like to manage different groups in two monitors.
>
> My question is,
> Is there a way to get what I desire without having separate X screens ?
> If not, any plan / idea to rescue users whose video driver won't allow
> separate screen? :)

Well, it depends on the amount of effort you are willing to spend and
share.. Current "groups" in StumpWM do not support this; on the other
hand you may try defining your own operations based on my "window-tags"
contrib module.

What you need in this case is:
  1) Use (screen-heads (current-screen)) to enumerate heads and
initialize a variable storing tag sets for each head.
  2) Bind to a hook for mapping a new window. The procedure should
assign the current implied tags of the head where the window is located
to this window.
  3) Rebind F1-F10. They should do something like pull+push+renumber
inside a single head.

I guess the code would be useful to many of us; it should be quite
straightforward to write. I cannot significantly help you with it right
now, sorry, but I will answer further questions.