Re: [STUMP] window/frame model

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] window/frame model
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 20:53:44 -0700

>> pull-hidden-other sorts all windows in the group by their last access
>> time. So windows that were recently focused are at the beginning of
>> the list. Then it walks that list until it finds a window that is not
>> its frame's top window. It pulls that window into the current frame.
>
> Thanks! That helps quite a bit. I'm guessing that the line in the first
> paragraph should read "looking for a window that is not *any* frame's
> top window", right?

Well, the two statements are equivalent right now. A window always
exists in only one frame's list. So if it's not the top window in its
frame then it's not the top window for any frame.

>>> In a semi-related question, is anyone doing anything like the following,
>>> and/or could anyone help me fix this?
>>>
>>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>>> (defun send-key-other-window (dir)
>>>   ;; `last' of `group-frames' doesn't actually return the most
>>>   ;; recently focused frame, just the last in a list apparently
>>>   ;; starting at top left. How do we sort according to most recently
>>>   ;; focused?
>>>   (send-fake-key
>>>    (frame-window (car (last (group-frames (current-group)))))
>>>    (kbd dir)))

> Interesting… That's good to know, though my problem here is with
> targeting the correct frame and window, not with sending the keypress.
> I'll muddle with it a bit more.

Ah! I missed that part.

frames are stored in a tree so that destroying frames removes the
split the way it was created. group-frames collapses that tree into a
list.

you want (frame-window (tile-group-last-frame (current-group)))

Curiously frames don't have a last-accessed-time the way windows do.
tile-group-last-frame is kind of a hack to get around that.

-Shawn