[STUMP] Problems with fullscreen games

From: vasily postnicov
Subject: [STUMP] Problems with fullscreen games
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:10:56 +0300

Hello. I started using StumpWM a while ago. I enjoy it much (mostly
because it is written in common lisp and highly customisable), but
there is a problem with fullscreen programs (mostly games).

There are programs (like xonotic, tremulous or warmux) which, if they
are executed in fullscreen mode, draw only black window on screen.
Xonotic, for example, draws nothing on screen (only black screen is
visible) if it is launched with C-t !, but works normal if it is
launched from terminal and if terminal is in the only one frame
present on the screen. But there are programs which run in fullscreen
mode good too (mplayer with -fs key, for example).

Please confirm or refute this, so I can know, if it is only my problem
(i.e. buggy/outdated video driver) or not. If it is a bug, let me know
what can I do. I have experience in Common Lisp, but know nothing how
window managers work and where I can start.

There is some info on versions of software I use:

address@hidden: ~> uname -a
FreeBSD vonbraun.vonbraun 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #3 r+aad4bc7: Sun F
eb 10 17:39:11 MSK 2013     address@hidden:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYK
ERNEL  amd64
address@hidden: ~> sbcl
This is SBCL 1.1.3, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.
* stumpwm::*version*
"0.9.7-80-gb1271a9 Compiled On Mon Feb 11 16:34:02"