Re: [STUMP] stumpwm and gnome-panel on Ubuntu 14.10

From: David Bjergaard
Subject: Re: [STUMP] stumpwm and gnome-panel on Ubuntu 14.10
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 07:58:26 -0400

Hi,

You probably won't be able to run gnome-panel from 14.10 in stumpwm as
it is based on the newer GNOME 3 desktop.  Maybe you can check out
mate-panel? This is a project to keep GNOME 2 available for people who
still need some of the functionality that was lost switching to GNOME 3.

Depending on your needs, there is stumptray, a module that provides a
notification area for StumpWM's modeline.

    Dave