Re: [STUMP] Dim inactive monitor in dual head configuration

From: David Bjergaard
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Dim inactive monitor in dual head configuration
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 13:42:10 -0400

It occurs to me, I have the following in my .Xresources and it dims the
unfocused terminal when not selected:
> *background:            S_base03
> *foreground:            S_base0
> *fading:                40
> *fadeColor:             S_base03
> *cursorColor:           S_base1
> *pointerColorBackground:S_base01
> *pointerColorForeground:S_base1

The S_base* colors are defined earlier.  It works well.  I only ever confuse
active windows when its firefox or emacs that have focus.  I'm sure you could
find a dimmer for emacs... Firefox wouldn't be as simple.

Here's a neat idea if you have xcompmgr installed. It comes with transset, so
you can map over the non-focused windows and set their transparancy be
transparent, and the focused window to have opacity 1.  I don't have time to
hack up the lisp, but if it were packaged in a module I'd probably use it.  I
like it better than messing with xrandr since that feels like a bit of overkill
(but I only have two monitors, some people have 4-5).  Also, it would show the
exact window focused, and not just the monitor the window is on.

    David