Re: [STUMP] Dim inactive monitor in dual head configuration

From: Dimitri Minaev
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Dim inactive monitor in dual head configuration
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 14:56:49 +0400

On 06/06/2016 09:52 PM, David Bjergaard wrote:
Hi,

Here's some POC that might get you started, it wouldn't take much to generalize
and get the hooks right:
(run-shell-command (format nil "transset -t --id ~a" (window-id (first
(visible-windows)))))
One could imagine mapping over the visible windows and toggling their
transparancy as long as it didn't have focus.

If I get further inspired I'll hack this into a module later (unless you'd like
to Dimitri :))

Hmm. Will inactive windows be completely transparent? Doesn't look like my ideal desktop. At least, this time your idea is completely within your technical competence :) I'll definitely try it out when you implement it.