summer-of-code

Re: please add LilyPond to GNU GSoC umbrella

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: please add LilyPond to GNU GSoC umbrella
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:40:46 +0100

    > On 03/05/2012 11:52 PM, Janek Warchoł wrote:
    >> Did i understand correctly that LilyPond can try applying
    >> individually, and if on March 16 we won't be listed in accepted
    >> projects, you'd "add us to your umbrella" (list our projects on your
    >> Ideas List, etc) THIS year?
    >
    > This has been standard practice for some groups.
    >
    > Provided that GNU applies and is accepted at GSoC, there is no
    > contingency as to what other groups might fall under the GNU umbrella.
    > So often GNU projects will apply separately, and then if they are
    > refused, they still move forward, with GNU as the umbrella org.

    LilyPond application was rejected.  We'd like to be added back to GNU
    umbrella; i understand that i should add our Ideas to wiki
    http://libreplanet.org/wiki/GNU_application_for_Summer_of_Code_2012
    *and* mail them on this list - shall they be formatted in any way?
    HTML or something?

For the project (GNU lilypond) we need a name, a description and a
contact email address.  If you have an existing ideas page then just
tell us the url and we will link to it.  Otherwise please send us (to
this very list) the following information for each idea/project:  a
title and a description.  We also need a list of hackers (name, email)
willing to mentor Lilypond projects.

Note that we are _not_ using the libreplanet wiki this year.

--
Jose E. Marchesi         http://www.jemarch.net
GNU Project              http://www.gnu.org