summer-of-code

Re: [GSoC Mentors] [Announce] GSoC 2012: Mentor Summit Travel and Detail

From: Micah Cowan
Subject: Re: [GSoC Mentors] [Announce] GSoC 2012: Mentor Summit Travel and Details
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 10:59:47 -0700

On 07/26/2012 08:15 AM, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:

>     On 26 July 2012 10:26, Carol Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
>     > The Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit is approaching!
>
>     I went last year, and I'm really hooked. Unless someone wants my spot
>     and there aren't enough slots to go around, please please consider
>     sending me. :-)
>
> Google will pay for the travel expenses for two admins and/or mentors in
> each org, as delegates.
>
> My intention is to reserve one of the slots for myself (consider it as a
> little payment for the time/resources I am spending on administration
> tasks).
>
> Apart from Jordi, anyone else is interested in the second slot?

I am. I had just sent a message to Giuseppe to say so, before I noticed
that these responses were on the gnu.org list, rather than the mentors
list (I have them both going to the same directory). I'd also
temporarily forgotten that Giuseppe was a co-mentor, not the sole
mentor... ¬_¬ (I'm just used to interacting with him, because he's the
GNU wget maintainer, and I was the maintainer before him :) ).

Anyway: I've had the opportunity to go two or three times before, so I
should perhaps take lower priority than those who have not gone as
often. I'll assume Jordi (or someone else) takes priority, and will
submit myself to the waiting list instead.

(My travel expenses are likely to be low anyway, since I'll be driving -
just need the hotel room. So I suspect there's a fair chance Google may
grant me a spot when they start in on the waiting list.)

-mjc