swarm-gis

Re: GRASS "5.0"

From: Paul W. Box
Subject: Re: GRASS "5.0"
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 00:26:27 -0400

Thanks Jim for the information on the new release of GRASS.  I am
especially relieved to see that it differentiates between 0 and null
values, as that has been a continuing source of irritation in the tasks
that I have been working on.

I am just a couple of weeks away from a (much belated) dissertation
defense, so I have not had time to do more than the initial playing
around with the code.  I am slightly alarmed at the lack of traffic in
this group, but I suppose that comes from the small number of people who
have both grass and swarm installed on their machines.  I am very
excited about experimenting with the grass2d object, and I hope that the
lack of traffic on this list is not being interpreted as lack of
interest.  I plan to make swarm/gis a large part of what I work with on
my next job.

--
/*  Paul Box                      |        Cogito ergo                */

   Swarm-GIS is for discussion of Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
   and their integration or use with Swarm.  For list administration
   needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to
   <address@hidden> with "help" in the body of the message.