Re: Agent Modelling

From: Michael A. Beedle
Subject: Re: Agent Modelling
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 01:51:17 -0500

Glen, the addresses of Elizabeth Kendall, Margaret T. Malkoun and Chong
Jiang are:

address@hidden
address@hidden
address@hidden

It would be very interesting to compare their models with the SWARM
architecture.  I bet they have many interesting similarities as well as
some important differences.

Regards,

- Mike Beedle
address@hidden
http://www.fti-consulting.com/users/beedlem

> Michael A. Beedle writes:
>  > Well, in the current edition of JOOP, June 1997, which also includes
ROAD
>  > now, there is an article titled:
>  >
>  > "Multiagent system design based on OO patterns"
>  >
>  > by Elizabeth Kendall, Margaret T. Malkoun and Chong Jiang.  (It also
>  > includes their email addresses which is nice in case you want to get
the
>  > models from the authors.  I am sure they won't mind sharing this info
since
>  > they are at an "edu" address.)
>  >
>  > They discuss there what they call an "agent pattern".  This pattern
is_a
>  > pattern in the Martin Fowler sense - it is more of a reusable agent
model.
>  > But anyhow for those of you crazed about OO models, and crazed about
CAS,
>  > and crazed about patterns, there is a "real model" there, not just
talk.
>  > They also model "sensors" and "effectors", "intentions", "declarative
>  > knowledge" and yes is a threaded system and it is all modelled with
Booch

}
}
}