[no subject]

From: x . huang
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:45:37 +0100

This email seeks help to find proper libraries for displaying
objects for one of my projects, if you do not have time to
provide this kind of help, then please ignore this mail.

My swarm simulation system:

My simulation system is for simulating travellers' behaviour (route choice,
departure time choice, activity choice, etc) when advanced transport
informationsystems are available.
In this system, there are mainly three subswarms: a transport network which
consists of several (or just one) transport objects each of which has a layout
of a part of the whole transport network (as a variable), and move travellers
who are on this part from one place to another, according to their travel
decisions; a traveller subswarm which may consists futhur of several subswarms,
each of which consists of a number of homogeneous travellers (their thinking
machines are similar); each travellers once created at top level will start to
make travel decisions based on (1) its own travel experience, (2) current
network situation he/she sensed, (3) traveller information; the final subswarm
is a traveller information swarm, which consists of several information systems
which analyse traffic situation, and purposely broadcate information to
travellers.

My problem here is:

I want to have a window for display the traffic situation:

(1) there is a traffic network which consists of roads, traffic lights,
bus stations, etc,
(2) on the network, traveller objects are displayed as cars moving on roads;
(3) travellers' movements are just mapping from transport network swarm to
   the displaying world, just as in heatbug from food space (Discrete2D) or
world (Grid2d) to worldRaster. However, the drawing for objects are more
complicated then that in heatbug.

Has anybody had any idea about what space libraries I should use?

Or do you have any swarmapplications that I can look at?

Thank you for help!

Dr Xueyue Huang
Center for Transport Studies,
Imperial College,