Re: Swarm Future

From: Raj Singh
Subject: Re: Swarm Future
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 00:30:14 -0500

I'm glad I joined this newsgroup and found out that Swarm is being
ported to Java. I spent a bit of time last month with Swarm and
decided not to use it, not because I didn't want to learn another
programming language but because  I didn't want to
worry about memory management and I wanted to take advantage of
Java's built-in partially secure network support (I plan to have my models
running around a network).

So since I don't need to evangelize, I guess I should volunteer to help
write code if that's needed. I'm working on building GUIs for users to
change model parameters and on connecting to the ArcView and/or
GRASS GIS apps.

-Raj
|  Raj Singh       MIT Dept. of Urban Studies & Planning  |
|  105 Massachusetts Avenue      Cambridge, Mass.  02139  |
|  Phone: (617) 253-0607         Email: address@hidden  |
|  Web: http://web.mit.edu/rajsingh/www/                  |