Re: Event-Oriented Computing and Reflection

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: Event-Oriented Computing and Reflection
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 07:46:04 -0700

At 03:55 PM 2/4/99 -0800, Chris Landauer wrote:
>our framework is an integration infrastructure called "wrappings", that
>includes explicit machine-processible information about every computational
>resource in a system, together with processes that read and interpret that
>information to collect resources and apply them to problems - these processes
>are also resources and are also wrapped (so the system has a complete
model of
>its own behavior that it can monitor and analyze) - we think that interesting
>agents can be made with this architecture (some papers are available)

This is pretty interesting.  Where are the papers?  And do you have any
kind of implementation, yet?

>this places the MUDs (TinyMUD, MOO, ...) on a spectrum that is less about
time
>management than Swarm or most simulation support systems (or even the closer
>to real-time DGD-based LPmuds),

And this is more than interesting.... [grin]  It's provocative!  What do you
mean implying that Swarm is about time management?  Swarm's not at all
about time management.  It's more about the management of causality.

glen

--
glen e. p. ropella                =><=          Hail Eris!
Home: http://www.trail.com/~gepr/home.html  (505) 424-0448