announcement

From: Ilona Walraven
Subject: announcement
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:09:50 +0100

The announcement of this years international conference: Problems of....
Participation and Connection, has given problems decoding (the
attachment) This became clear to us after several reactions.
Therefore I'd like to send to you the announcement once again aswell as
take the opportunity to introduce myself as the new conference
co-ordinator. If you would wish to participate presenting a paper, be sure
your abstract gets to us before the first of March.
Professor Gerard de Zeeuw and I are looking forward to meeting you in
Amsterdam,

sincerely,

Ilona Walraven
(conference co-ordinator)

***************
Announcement 1999

Problems of Participation and Connection

Conference to be held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Monday April 5 to
Friday April 9, 1999, inclusive

Supported by:
- UK Cybernetics Society
- Dutch Systems Group
- Center for Innovation and Co-operative Technology, University of Amsterdam
- RC51

> [...]
>and is part of the refereeing procedure! Draft papers will be made
>available on CD, final papers will be published in Systemica, a refereed
>journal. Participants not wishing to present a paper, but only to
>contribute to the discussions, are, of course, also welcome.
>
>Further information
>Please make arrangements for your stay well in advance: the Easter period
>is a busy time in Amsterdam. The conference organisers cannot undertake to
>help with these arrangements. Hotels in Amsterdam suit all tastes and
>pockets (http://demon.co.uk/hotel-uk/amindex.html). Information may be
>obtained from the Dutch Tourist Office (http://www.nbt.nl/NBT-Welcome.html),
>or any travel agent.
>
>Schiphol Amsterdam is one of the world's best connected airports
>(http://www.schiphol.nl). Alternatively, participants might consider using
>the excellent train network throughout Europe (special tourist tickets
>exist). Note that the Conference venue is in the centre of central
>Amsterdam (the conference room has been in use for lectures since 1648).
>
>Correspondence
>Co-ordinator PPC (Drs.Ilona Walraven)
>Center for Innovation and Cooperative Technology
>Faculty for Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics and Astronomy
>Valckenierstraat 65
>1018 XE AMSTERDAM
>The Netherlands
>The PPC Co-ordinator may also be reached through:
>address@hidden (e-mail)
>+31 20 525 5788 (fax).
>In urgent cases you may wish to phone:
>+31 20 627 8072
>+44 1522 546711
>
>Costs
>Conference Fee: Dfl 550, or $(US) 275. Please pay to Postal Giro
>("Postbank"), account
>4535134, "Problems of ..." (no cheques, please!).
>
>Conference Committee
>Prof. Gerard de Zeeuw (University of Amsterdam)
>Mrs. Joop Muller (University of Amsterdam)
>Dr. Felix Geyer (University of Amsterdam)
>Prof. Raul Espejo (University of Lincoln)
>>Prof. Ranulph Glanville (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University)
>Dr. Martha Vahl (University of Nijenrode)
>Prof. Robbin Hough (Oakland University)
>Dr. Jan Kooistra (University of Utrecht)
>Drs. Ilona Walraven (PPC Coordinator)
>
>Frontside of form to be returned, if you want to use airmail. Preferably,
>please fill out  the backside, and email it to <address@hidden>.
>
>Conference  Problems of Participation and Connection
>Monday April 5 - Friday April 9, 1999
>
>To: Co-ordinator PPC
>Center for Innovation and Co-operative Technology
>Valckenierstraat 65
>1018 XE Amsterdam
>The Netherlands

>Backside of form:
>
>Conference   Problems of Participation and Connection, April 5 - April 9,
>1999
>

>-  I plan to attend the conference                   yes - 1   no - 2

-  I am interested; please send further information  yes - 1   no - 2