Presenting Results

From: SCHREIBER,DARREN MATTHEW
Subject: Presenting Results
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:11:14 -0700 (PDT)

Here's a basic question... how do we present results?

Most of my time in the last few months has been put into the code writting
and debugging.  I now have Swarm code that is doing what it was supposed
to and I am trying to write the results up in a paper.

Of course, the paper lays out the classical voting models and results that
I am trying to mimic.  When I look at my model run, it is doing those
things.  I have built some graph objects that show the number of viable
parties that emerge (2 in most cases as the theory says).  I also tracking
when the parties' issue platforms converge on the median voter.  And, I
will start running simulations to see how salient a new issue has to be
for voters to change their party allegiance.

My best guess is to present the results as distributions.  Showing how
often and under what conditions each of the results is obtained.  I am
also going to describe the model and its assumptions in detail.  And, I
will walk through one run.

What else can/should/are we as modellers doing to share our results with
our academic colleagues?

        Darren