Re: Query: Spatially uncorrelated reproducible random values

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Query: Spatially uncorrelated reproducible random values
Date: 02 Aug 2000 10:26:26 -0700

NG> Can anyone suggest an algorithm that I can use to map from a
NG> vector of integers to an integer, such that there is no
NG> correlation between the magnitudes of the input values and the
NG> output, yet the same input always generates the same output?

If you are generating just a few (like, less than ten) random numbers,
how about asserting the random seed and then generating them in order
to that point.  That might be about as fast as a hash function, and it
would never miss.

Otherwise, I'd use a hash table or maybe the AVL implementation in misc/.