Re: Modeling Time of Day tasks

From: M Lang / S Railsback
Subject: Re: Modeling Time of Day tasks
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:55:44 -0600

Krishnan Viswanathan wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to get my agents to perform certain tasks during certain
> times
> during the day. Can anyone tell me how to model time of day tasks in
> swarm?

By the way, we are putting the final touches on a "time manager" class
that does all sorts of handy date and time-of-day functions. It uses the
Unix "time_t" time code (number of seconds since 1/1/1970). The time
manager does things like get the time_t value for a specified date,
hour, min, sec; and vice versa.

I suppose if you wanted to schedule actions at a sub-hourly time scale,
you could schedule them at their time_t value (?).

I plan to make the time manager (along with documentation) available
within a week or two, but let me know if you want more info now.

Steve

--
address@hidden
Lang, Railsback & Assoc.