Re: slightly off-topic: support open source for publically-funded resear

From: Russell Senior
Subject: Re: slightly off-topic: support open source for publically-funded research
Date: 17 Nov 2001 16:39:03 -0800

>>>>> "glen" == glen e p ropella <address@hidden> writes:

glen> My statement was that it makes no sense to *force* individual
glen> projects to do this.  And, in fact, it could be deemed
glen> unconstitutional to adopt it as policy.

Er, on what grounds?  It seems to me that the funding agency can put
just about any conditions on an award.  If the recipient doesn't like
the conditions, they are free to refuse the project.  I don't see
where force comes into the equation anywhere.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
address@hidden      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible