Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Swarm and Braided Rivers

From: Vitorino RAMOS
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Swarm and Braided Rivers
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:46:17 +0000

Dear Crile:

I think you should pay attention to the Self-Organized Criticality research area and grad a copy of the book "How Nature Works", from Per Bak.
Have a look on the sandpile model. For instance:

http://thy.phy.bnl.gov/~creutz/slides/copenhagen.pdf

http://thy.phy.bnl.gov/~creutz/mypubs/pub166.pdf

http://www.pscs.umich.edu/education/summerSchool-ICPSR-01/Handouts/sandBak-writeHelp.txt

http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~susan/bib/nf/b/bak.htm

http://www.cs.wvu.edu/~angela/cs418a/node8.html

http://www.econ.iastate.edu/tesfatsi/sandpile.pdf

Hope this helps.
Instead of a gravity CV (critical value) on his model, you should look for instance a water and flush related CV.
Best,
Vitorino
http://alfa.ist.utl.pt/~cvrm/staff/vramos/